Arizona’s Children Rely on Medicaid for Lifesaving Care
- In Arizona, one of out every three children is covered by Medicaid or KidsCare [AHCCCS, 2017].
- Medicaid covers 37% of Arizona children with disabilities and chronic health conditions such as asthma, juvenile diabetes, and heart problems [Child and Adolescent Health Measurement Initiative, 2012].
- 42% of Arizona’s infants, toddlers, and preschoolers are covered by Medicaid starting at birth and the early years that are key to their healthy development and school readiness.
- 100% of Arizona’s foster children are covered by Medicaid.
- Critical behavioral health services for parents and children such as counseling and substance abuse treatment provided by Medicaid are vital to help prevent the need for foster care and to help families stay strong and stable when they are reunified after foster care.